Job ID: 146882345
10 - 15 years
Strong Leadership/Managment of people/processes (200-300 people)
- Experience in Heavy Industry/Mining/Manufacturing type plant/facilities
- Experience managing a large budget & KPI
- Bachelors Degree in Enineering or Business
Our client is seeking an Operations Manager (reporting to the General Manager) to manage and develop the operational teams & systems necessary to achieve plant targets for environmental, safety, quality, cost, etc. This role will be an active member of our Management/Leadership team and is key to business success.
- Lead and direct those who ensure that the plant operations in order to meet monthly production targets.
- Oversee that the plant delivers the KPIs and in a safe and environmentally compliant manner.
- Responsible for develop, monitor, and oversee large budget.
- Oversee supervisors who lead and direct employees to ensure safety & environmental compliance. Work as a team to lead & develop safety and environmental initiatives in all departments.
- Support leadership team support the leadership team in directing the facility. Provide proactive input and leadership on all aspects of the facility.
- Conduct performance discussions, coach and develop employees. Lead according to Company vision and values.
- Bachelor Degree in technical/engineering, or business degree with significant experience in heavy industry – or business degree with moderate industry experience and commissioned officer in armed forces
- 10 or more years of industry and operations management experience, knowledge of pyro-metallurgy preferred
- Minimum of 10+ years of demonstrated experience managing large groups of employees
- Experience developing and implementing Operational Systems & Processes
- Experience managing budgets and forecasting business needs
- Expertise in Project Management & EPCM (Engineering, Procurement, and Construction Management)
- Experience in Improving Safety & Environmental Performance & Culture
Lindsey Schultz, Corporate VP
click to view