Job ID: 147792333
5 - 10 years
U.S. Bridge is a bridge fabricator and contractor with a primary focus on the public sector. It is a company founded on family values, and is committed to building quality products that exceed the expectations of the owner and the public, in the safest manner possible for the employees, while doing so in a family-friendly work environment.
Serving as U.S. Bridge’s expert, the Field Engineer is responsible for:
- the support of technical sales in Ohio
- the successful execution of short span steel bridge construction projects in Ohio
A civil engineer with strong communication and problem-solving skills, the Field Engineer will provide regulatory focus, technical knowledge, project execution and consultative solution development to owners, engineers, and contractors in the civil infrastructure construction industry. This position is located at the Company’s head office in Cambridge, OH.
The successful candidate will possess the ability to:
- Cultivate and maintain professional relationships with current and prospective customers including specifying engineers and agencies;
- Technical expertise in the civil infrastructure applications of Truss and Beam products;
- Develop both budget pricing for initial project design along with final project pricing;
- Set and maintain project budget; project scheduling and project cost control;
- Complete sub-contracts & purchase orders; monitor invoices, billing and labor;
- Initiate and conduct project meetings with all key participants;
- Submit and review change orders;
- Effective communication of issues and resolution;
- Comply with federal, state, and local code requirements;
- Ensure safety on and off the jobsite;
- 5+ years of industry experience preferred;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, or related field preferred;
- P.E. license preferred;
- Broad engineering and construction industry experience;
- Experience using construction industry software; Primavera, HCSS;
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil 3D;
- Excellent computer skills, experience with Microsoft Office Suite and CRM’s preferred;
- Ability to communicate technical information, concepts and applications in both a one on one environment and a formal public speaking environment;
- Solid project management skills;
- Must have a valid Driver’s License;
- Must be able to travel a minimum of 30%;
- Be responsible for other duties as assigned by Management
- Willingness to travel overseas is preferred.
Salary: DOE. No relocation allowance.
U.S. Bridge and all of its affiliates are Equal Employment Opportunity employers
and participate in the E-Verify program.