Job ID: 174554669
5 - 10 years
Sulzer Chemtech is seeking a Process Engineer for our Engineered Solutions group at our Tulsa, OK facility.
- The Process Engineer provides Process Engineering services within the duties and responsibilities of the Engineered Solutions, Process Engineering group. Prepares conceptual process designs, computer simulations, equipment designs, technical proposals, process descriptions, operating and start-up instructions. Participates in HAZOP studies, and leads plant start-ups. Supports Sales/Market Managers and Applications Engineers with their workload on an as needed basis.
- Screens customer's inquiries to ensure they are in line with company’s capabilities, and contain all information required to submit a quotation. Liaises with sales/customers to obtain any missing information.
- Collects/screens physical property, vapor/liquid equilibrium and plant operating data required to complete process designs
- Develops conceptual process designs including PFDs and Heat & Mass Balances
- Conducts computer simulations
- Prepares design/operating details for any pilot plant studies
- Interprets results of pilot test studies and/or operating data from commercial/industrial plants
- Conducts process design of key equipment (columns, vessels, heat exchangers, pumps etc)
- Prepares equipment/process data/specification sheets
- Prepares Instrument list with key process data
- Designs/specifies pressure relief devices/systems
- Prepares Process descriptions, functional design specifications, alarm and interlock matrixes, operating instructions
- Participates in Process Hazard Analysis/HAZOP studies
- Prepares Commissioning/Start-Up Plans
- Participates in on-site commissioning/plant start-up
- Preparation of engineering study reports
- Preparation of preliminary cost estimates for engineering, key equipment and systems
- Preparation of Technical proposals
- Participation in client meetings
- Reviews/Checks/Approves output of colleagues process engineering work
- Responds to questions and inquiries from the customer regarding technical problems and issues that arise and provides related technical support or assistance.
- Support to Applications, Sales, Engineering, and Project Management groups
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemical Engineering (Masters’ Degree would be an advantage)
- Five (5) to ten (10) year’s similar experience, in a related field of Process Engineering (mass transfer/distillation)
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to interpret customer requirements and to design innovative separation processes and equipment
- Analytical capability as required in collecting, reviewing, assessing and interpreting customer’s data and process requirements and developing responsive design specifications and parameters.
- Communication and interpersonal skills, as required in working effectively with internal and customer personnel to interpret their requirements, and resolve problems and issues that arise.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers, including word-processing, database, spreadsheet, electronic simulation software applications such as PROII, Chemcad or Aspen, drawing software such as Autocad
- This position will require business travel, including international travel and occasionally for extended periods (during plant start-ups)
We look forward to receiving your application!
We are proud to be an E-Verify & Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action (EEO-AA) Employer. Minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. We maintain a Drug-Free Workplace. Sulzer abides by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. In addition, Sulzer takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.