Job ID: 174556175
5 - 10 years
Sulzer Chemtech is seeking an Applications Engineer to join our Engineered Solutions team in our Tulsa, OK facility.
- Responsible for commercial and technical support to the Sales and Process Engineering teams within the Engineered Solutions group. Prepares process designs, cost estimates/calculations, commercial and technical proposals for engineered systems. Supports Sales/Market Managers and Process Engineers with their workload on an as needed basis
- Screens customer's inquiries to ensure they are in line with company’s capabilities, and contain all information required to submit a quotation. Liaises with sales/customers to obtain any missing information.
- Collects and interprets customer’s requirements for new and/or operating data from existing plants
- Registers customer inquiries in the companies quotation tool/database (Sulprice), and keeps the inquiring data/status up to date
- Conducts basic process design for standard/straightforward process applications, including:
- Computer simulations
- PFD and Heat and Material Balance
- Preliminary P&ID
- Conducts detailed process design of key equipment (columns, vessels, heat exchangers, pumps, etc.)
- Prepares equipment/process data/specification sheets
- Prepares Instrument list with key process data
- Prepares cost calculations for engineering, process equipment, instruments, piping, steelwork, automation, etc.
- Prepares Commercial and Technical Proposals
- Participates in client meetings
- Preparation of engineering study reports.
- Supports on-site commissioning/plant start-up
- Reviews/Checks/Approves output of colleagues application and process engineering work
- Responds to questions and inquiries from the customer regarding commercial and technical problems and issues that arise and provides related commercial and technical support or assistance
- Support to Sales, Engineering, and Project Management groups
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemical Engineering (Masters’ Degree would be an advantage)
- Five (5) to ten (10) year’s similar experience, in a related field of Applications/Process Engineering (mass transfer/distillation)
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand and fully interpret customer’s commercial and technical requirements, obtain all missing information and to document it and ensure it is communicated to the whole project team.
- Analytical capability as required in collecting, reviewing, assessing and interpreting customer’s data and process requirements and developing responsive design specifications and parameters.
- Ability to prepare process designs, commercial and technical proposals for the company’s standard applications/straightforward processes
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers, including word-processing, database, spreadsheet, electronic simulation software applications such as PROII, Chemcad or Aspen, drawing software such as AutoCAD
- This position will require business travel, including international travel and occasionally for extended periods (during plant start-ups)
We look forward to receiving your application!
We are proud to be an E-Verify & Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action (EEO-AA) Employer. Minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. We maintain a Drug-Free Workplace. Sulzer abides by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. In addition, Sulzer takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.