Job ID: 198078363
5 - 10 years
NEW MANUFACTURING COMPANY NOW HIRING IN MACON, GEORGIA;
Manufacturing Quality Assurance Manager with Chemical Engineering Degree
This company recognizes that the key to success is their people. They are a family-owned and operated company that has grown to become one of North America's leading manufacturers of household paper products. They produce both branded and private label bathroom tissue, facial tissue, paper towels, and napkins.. Their manufacturing facilities are located in Dieppe, New Brunswick, Toronto, Ontario, Fort Edward, New York, and Macon, Georgia.
We are now sourcing candidates for a Technical Services / Quality Assurance Manager. This position will report to the Plant Manager, this job is a key support role and is part of the plant leadership team.
- Provide leadership, direction and supervision to several direct reports along with maintenance and improvements of raw materials through to finished product specifications
- Report on quality metrics on a monthly basis, identify root cause and solutions to quality issues as they arise
- Work closely with corporate technical team on plant and corporate related quality initiatives, projects and solutions. Actively participate in new trials and trial runs
- Review and analyze quality data and consumer response information to appropriately communicate with customers, both internal and external, current quality trends as well as areas of focus for continuous improvement for various departments
- Serve as the principle contact from Irving Tissue with outside agencies, quality audit organizations and customer quality departments. Act as an expert resource to customers in effectively and proactively resolving quality related issues.
- Develop information solutions for decision makers and external customers. Also provide updated content for inclusion in the Balanced Score Card Reporting
- Accountability for environmental compliance for the plant
- Experience working in a paper/tissue mill is a major plus
- Education Required: Bachelor's Degree Business or Engineering (Chemical Engineering a definite asset)
- Years of Experience Required:
- 7-10 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- including 5 years in a quality related role
- Ability to operate in reciprocal relations environment (corporate / plant)
- Commitment to the health and safety of all employees
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High degree of attention to details
- Strong customer focus
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills that provide ability to work in a fast-paced work environment with multiple projects and priorities
- Experience with six sigma or lean management tools/principles or equivalent an asset
What We Offer:
- Excellent Benefits
- Including health, dental, life insurance, disability insurance, 401k match, vacation, tuition & wellness reimbursement, and more.
- Advancement Opportunities
- There are plentiful opportunities to promote to higher level positions in our organization. While seniority does play a role in movement up the Lines of Progression, most employees who wish to achieve the higher levels are only limited by their own desire to progress and willingness to learn. If you are someone who believes you can achieve great things for yourself and our Company, then you are the person we want on our team!