Job ID: 204900291
3 - 5 years
C.A.P. Government, Inc. is looking for the immediate hire of a Project Engineer for our Ft. Lauderdale – Broward County Operations office. The candidate will consist with more than average difficulty in the investigation, design, development, construction, and maintenance of public works engineering projects and utilities operation projects. This includes have responsibility for designing and preparing specifications for Public Services structures and for supervising the construction of approved projects in a major area of municipal Public Services. Experience in the areas of: pre-construction, change orders, submittals, commerical construction, residential construction, CAD Draftinbg, construction drawings, shop drawings, punch out lists, and construction management is helpful.
Candidate must be solutions-oriented; communicate effectively to a variety of audiences; and to be able to build strong, positive working relationships. Individual must be a self-starter who can demonstrate initiative and work independently with limited supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares specifications and contracts for the construction of streets, sidewalks, sanitary and storm sewers, water and wastewater systems, bridges, water main extensions, lighting and other engineering projects.
- Monitors consultant services and maintains records including reports done by previous consultants.
- Prepares computations for paving, curbing, and sewer assessments; designs storm sewers, water and wastewater systems and culverts, water extension projects, streets, and other municipal projects; makes time and material estimates.
- Coordinates with field personnel in the assessment of treatment plant operation determining areas that can be more energy efficient and recommending cost-effective alternatives.
- Confers with superiors on problems of design, construction, or maintenance of municipal Public Services facilities; determines permitting requirements and obtains necessary permits; prepares reports and makes recommendations relating to the Conduct of engineering activities.
- Inspects and supervises the inspection of construction projects while in progress and upon completion for adherence to plans, specifications and regulations; advises contractors on the interpretation of plans and specifications; approves minor design changes in the course of construction; reviews contractor's request for payment.
- Conducts field inspections, prepares progress and final reports on varied construction projects.
- Makes presentations to interested parties regarding proposed or on-going projects.
- Reviews plans for subdivision and housing projects; participates in the preparation of assessment rolls for improvements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, and Skills
- Valid Professional Engineer (P.E.) license in the State of Florida, is preferred
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or closely related engineering discipline, and four (4) years' practical engineering experience including two (2) years' civil engineering experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Considerable knowledge of civil engineering practices and procedures involving water, wastewater, stormwater, roadway and bridge plan design and /or flood plain management.
- Skill in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Commensurate with experience and licensure
We offer competitive compensation packages; medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k); employee referral; educational reimbursement; and more.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace / Veterans
Our firm is committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.