Job ID: 217137269
We seek a Civil/Structural engineer who has residential/commercial structural failure analysis expertise, soils movement/settlement causation analysis and system failure analysis experience. Past specific forensic investigation and deposition testifying experience would be a strong plus.
- You will office in and Lead FAEC's Hampton, VA Engineering Branch office
- Conduct residential and commercial forensic investigations to analyze and determine the cause, origin, and extent of structural failures, roof damage, water intrusions, construction defects, and soil movements and other geo-technical issues.
- Conduct Lab testing on evidence for product defects and mechanical failures.
- Investigate and assess damages due to weather events and natural disasters, such as storm damage, floods, snow storms and hurricanes.
- Research technical publications and literature in support of evaluations and apply engineering principles and practices in accordance with codes and industry standards.
- Provide signed and sealed detailed forensic engineering reports outlining cause and origin of damage to clients.
- Manage multiple projects and assume responsibility for project execution within deadlines.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to other Engineers in our company.
- Peer review, sign and stamp investigative work performed by other Staff Engineers.
- Communicate with administrative staff, Lab technician and clients to provide periodic timelines and investigation updates
- Help the company gain new business via supporting marketing requests
- P.E. license REQUIRED. Licenses in multiple East Coast states a plus.,
- MINIMUM of a BS degree in Civil/Structural Engineering; a MS preferred
- 10-20 years of Civil/Structural engineering experience REQUIRED . Some Forensic Engineering Experience preferred.
- Experience working with law firms and insurance companies HELPFUL Deposition and expert testimony experience preferred.
- Requires strong analytical and field inspection skills including having the ability to climb ladders on to roofs, crawl into tight spaces, and lift 50 lbs as needed
- Occasional overnight - short term travel flexibility
Company FORENSIC ANALYSIS & ENGINEERING CORPORATION, (FAEC) - a broadly based, well founded, multi-disciplined, forensic engineering firm presently headquartered in Hampton, VA seeks a 'Mid-Career' level licensed PE engineer to join and become a key leader and loss site forensic investigator based in our Hampton, VA corporate office. Consistent & significant business growth and gain in market share over the past 5 years demands that we fill this key vacancy which recently occurred due to a corporate office operation expansion into Alaska and the NW.