Maintenance Technician Job Description
Do you thrive on the opportunity to achieve the very best for yourself and your customers? Are you a self-starter that can work under minimum supervision?
Our company manages a large commercial real estate portfolio in the greater Nashville, TN area. The portfolio includes commercial office buildings, warehouses, apartment buildings and shopping centers.
The Maintenance Technician is needed to address the requests of tenant/residents to keep the properties running smoothly and efficiently. Requests are answered in a timely manner to provide limited inconvenience to our tenants and residents.
The maintenance technician will roam the different properties to carry out the responsibilities listed below. Must have the ability to deliver an exceptional service experience for our customers with the highest level of professionalism.
The day to day responsibilities of the position will be different each week depending on the needs of the properties.
- Perform HVAC/maintenance duties as assigned
- Perform minor electrical circuitry repairs
- Perform minor plumbing repairs
- Routinely walks properties and observes machinery, pumps, panels, elevators and reports any items that need to be addressed
- General maintenance and reports
- Maintain all work spaces in an orderly and clean condition
- Keep properly updated records, inspections and requests
- Work on special projects as assigned
- Perform any additional tasks as requested by director/supervisor
Minimum qualifications and key qualities:
- High School Diploma/GED/Vocational Training
- 3 years or more commercial property maintenance experience
- Experience in commercial, institutional or facilities with a strong emphasis in HVAC equipment/systems maintenance
- Must have the ability to respond to residents/tenants in a timely and efficient manner
- Must have basic knowledge of building mechanical systems and controls
- Able to communicate effectively in writing by telephone and in person
- Is organized and works well with others
- Can provide personalized, friendly service to tenants/residents
- Complete the work order requests in a timely manner with exceptional follow up
- Must be able to effectively and professionally communicate with co-workers and supervisors
- The ability to follow company policies and procedure
Job ID: 243155627