**** Employee can work from home office****
The Wall Panel Designer is responsible for designing plans for the quoting and production of wall panels. Ensures drawings are produced accurately and timely based off a blueprints provided by customers. Requires the knowledge of commonly used framing concepts and practices within the construction industry.
- Knowledge and experience in designing multifamily, commercial, custom wall panels
- Experience with MiTek and/or equivalent wall panel design software
- Specify all necessary supplied hardware
- Generating estimates, layouts and panel profiles using Mitek
- Generating cut sheets for production
- Assisting in training and developing other designers
- Maintaining up to date knowledge on products, plan design and construction techniques
- Design structural components for prefab shop to be installed by field team
- Input of layouts conforming to design practices.
- Create cost effective and accurate layouts and wall designs from architectural and structural drawings using all associated details and city, county and state building codes.
- Provide job-site support, when needed
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently managing multiple tasks, setting priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Computer Skills: Word Processing System, Design Software, Internet Software, Database Software, Excel, PDF, PlanSwift, MiTek, and AutoCAD
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos; write simple correspondence; effectively present information to others one-on-one.
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints
- Attention to detail, takes pride in quality of work.
- Efficient and able to complete orders within a given deadline
- Knowledge of standard construction practices, codes and carpentry
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.l
- Minimum of 5 years of experience
- Great attention to detail, well-organized, & reliable
Job ID: 250028293