3 - 5 years
Position Purpose Provide engineering oversight, support, and expertise in the management of the refinery’s rotating equipment. This position will also provide support, as required, for mechanical code calculations, and have capital project leadership responsibilities as required within the Project Engineering Group.
Positon Description - Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide application engineering for the refinery’s rotating and reciprocating process equipment including pumps, compressors, turbines, fans, electric motors, and combustion engines.
- Execution of and/or assistance with engineering design of rotating equipment installations.
- Troubleshooting and root cause failure analysis of problem equipment.
- Assist with the development of preventive and predictive maintenance strategies.
- Provide technical oversight of rotating equipment installations and repairs.
- Provide technical assistance in the operation and maintenance of rotating equipment.
- Evaluate new products and technologies applicable to rotating equipment.
- Responsible for the project lead of select projects, including:
- Oversight in development of project scope, cost estimate, and drawings
- Development of project bid packages for necessary services and equipment
- Acquiring management Approval For Expenditures (AFE) and oversight of expenses
- Managing work of refinery construction personnel or external contractors
- Work with minimal supervision while ensuring that projects are completed on time, on budget, and compliant with design technical and mechanical requirements
- Supporting other Project Group engineering responsibilities as may be required, such as, performing ASME Code calculations or pipe stress analysis, to name a few.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Ability to manage multiple project simultaneously
- Strong mechanical aptitude and sound understanding in the principles of rotating equipment
- Well rounded knowledge in API and ANSI rotating equipment Standards, and in the ASME Code
- Fluent in Code and pipe stress calculations and software
- Ability to quickly comprehend technical requirements and issues, and resolve to meet refinery and project guidelines
- While daily activities are based out of an office environment, there will be regular interaction and participation in activities that require a presence in a shop or field environment.
- There will be periods that require more than 40 hours per week, including weekends.
Physical Demands: Moderate. However, field activities can include entry into confined spaces, navigating among field equipment and piping, and ladder/stair access to structural platforms. Exposure to construction areas should be expected and common. Field activities will require Personnel Protection Equipment (PPE).
Programs/Equipment Used: Position requires significant use of computer and calculator. Computer programs utilized can include MicroSoft Office, MicroSoft Projects, CodeCalc, and Ceasar. Monitoring tools may also be used in the management of the refinery’s rotating equipment.
Required Education and Experience: B.S. Mechanical, or B.S. Mechanical Engineering Technology, with at least 5-10 years of industrial experience.
Preferred Education and Experience: Experience with rotating equipment in the refining or chemical plant industry.
Job ID: 232524412