Summary: Works with Biomedical Engineering students, faculty and staff to support student-centered projects and laboratory experiences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support design courses—teaching students machining skills, including appropriate safety training.Supporting student fabrication needs in design courses, including machining, 3D printing, microprocessors (mostly Arduino), and development of integrated circuits.
- Support laboratory courses– set up labs for all student and faculty needs. This includes setting up equipment, ordering and taking care of small amphibians/crustaceans and other consumables, making solutions.
- Support student projects – monitor equipment availability and manage inventory, maintain the BBE workshop to support student projects
- Manage student workers – Hire student workers, approve time, and manage student schedule.
- Serve as an integral part of the BBE Educational Team
- Maintain lab equipment and tools– make sure it’s clean and functioning.
- Be proficient in use of lab equipment and performing tests to relevant standards.
- Be familiar with all lab equipment and routine maintenance.
- Project and Maintain inventory of equipment, parts, and supplies use with approval from supervisor.
- Recommend and purchase equipment and supplies.
- Maintain laboratory and equipment documentation.
- Maintain stock rooms, laboratories, prep areas and other assigned areas in a safe, clean and orderly condition.
- Prepare and issue materials and equipment for student use; monitor and maintain records of materials and equipment on loan to or checked out by students and instructors.
- Be familiar with existing regulations, governmental (national/state) and institutional, and ensure that BBE facilities are in compliance with appropriate regulations.
- Provide and maintain a safe learning environment for BE students, staff and faculty.
Education and/or Experience: Associate's degree required in physical science, engineering technology or related field; minimum of two years’ experience in a machinist and/or technical related field preferred; experience in manufacturing, instrumentation, printed circuit board design and fabrication preferred; ability to use Computer Numerical control (CNC) Machines a plus; valid driver’s license with acceptable MVR (motor vehicle report) required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applications: Only online applications/resumes will be accepted. Please contact Human Resources for questions. EEO/AA
Job ID: 257091560