AGC Inc. is a Design/Build firm looking for a experienced lead design engineer to assess the needs of our clients, develop a coherent solution, and execute.
- Design all types of mechanical systems for the building industry including HVAC, plumbing, and process piping.
- Prepare load calculations, distribution loss calculations, reports, and engineering studies to support the design solution and support construction.
- Perform site visits to examine existing conditions and validate field construction.
- Develop project drawings using AutoCAD MEP or Revit to capture all scope for bidding and construction.
- Coordinate with other design team members (architects, structural, and electrical engineers) during design and during construction phases as required for coordination of the projects.
- Work with equipment vendors to size and select air handlers, pumps, boilers, compressors, etc.
- Work with project manager to keep the project within budget and to track changes to the design.
- Respond to design comments from Owners, Contractors, and the City to demonstrate that the project meets design intent and code requirements.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of Design Engineering experience
- Experience in AutoCAD is required, Revit is a plus
- Professional Engineer License or track is preferred
- Cohesive understanding of mechanical and plumbing systems
- Communication skills are a must between clients and other colleagues