Disadvantaged Business Enterprise firm is seeking a Senior Consultant to join our team
Heavy Rail, Light Rail Vehicles, Signaling and Fare Collection
Responsibilities include business development, project work, internal project management oversight, and proposal preparation. Key activities are making regular contact with Virginkar & Associates, Inc. team members as well as the client staff, monitoring progress, providing guidance when needed to VAI field representatives.
· Review procurement, maintenance and operations plans, schedules and budgets
· Provide periodic progress reports
· Review and oversight of safety systems and processes
· Review of project reports, safety plans, commissioning and test plans, and technical review
· Conduct Buy America audits and prepare reports
· Review engineering designs, plans and drawings
· Review maintenance and test plans
· Prepare technical specifications
· Conduct reviews of supplier quality systems
· Prepare cost estimates for subcomponents and complete systems and vehicles
· Conduct first article inspections and tests
· Resolve quality issues
· Provide internal project oversight.
Liaison to Public Agencies and Prime Consultants
· Establish and maintain close relationship with Public Agency key personnel.
· Establish and maintain close relationship with prime consultants for future opportunities.
· Research potential opportunities and obtain thorough understanding of Client’s needs.
· Feed new opportunities to potential prime consultants and get on winning teams.
· Follow-up on new and unassigned contracts.
· Keep track of potential client work.
· Meet regularly with other VAI PMs to go over marketing targets.
· Make business inquiries.
· Direct, supervise and evaluate direct reports.
· Determine staffing requirements, interview, and make recommendations regarding hiring.
· Consistently apply departmental policies, goals, procedures, and confer with VAI leaders and staff members as necessary.
· Manage, coach and mentor direct reports regarding performance.
· Conduct performance reviews.
· Make recommendations regarding advancement, promotion, and termination to Executive Management.
· Make business inquiries.
· Maintain relationships with key prime consultants and potential client agency staff.
· Prepare proposals for prime consultants and for VAI when participating as prime.
· Participate in review of potential candidates.
· Provide leads on potential hires to Human Resources.
· Review and revise resumes of current and potential staff.
· Attend conferences and other similar events, network with other attendees for potential new relationships and opportunities
· B.S. degree in engineering and 10 years’ experience in Rolling Stock, Signaling, Fare Collection or equivalent work experience.
· Work experience with major transit agencies such as NYCT, LACMTA, BART, SFMTA, WMATA, etc.
· Five + years’ experience in a supervisory capacity.
· Previous marketing experience helpful.
· Strong verbal and written and interpersonal communication skills.
· Ability to plan and oversee proposal efforts.
· Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
In or near the San Francisco Bay Area
Job ID: 355268189