E LIGHT ELECTRIC SERVICES, INC., established in 1998, is a local commercial electrical contractor. We are seeking journeymen electricians for our electrical construction department in Denver. We take great pride in our vision, "To be the best provider of high quality electrical installations and to always provide a superior product at a reasonable cost." If you are looking for a rewarding career with a progressive and dynamic company, and you have a strong work ethic and a commitment to 'Excellence in Electrical' then E Light Electric could be for you.
At E Light Electric, we offer a highly competitive employee benefits package, reasonable work schedules and growth opportunities. Our benefit program includes:
The Journeyman Electrician installs electrical wiring, equipment, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
• Maintains and repairs or replaces wiring, equipment and fixtures, using hand tools.
• Plans layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures consistent with specifications and local codes.
• Inspects systems and electrical parts to detect hazards, defects, and need for adjustments or repair.
• Tests electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices, such as ohmmeter, voltmeter, and oscilloscope.
• Diagnoses malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools.
• Readies and assembles electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, using specifications and hand tools.
• Prepares sketches of location of wiring and equipment or follows blueprints to determine location of equipment and conformance to safety codes.
• Climbs ladder to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures.
• Constructs and fabricates parts, using hand tools and specifications.
• Possesses electrician’s license or identification card to meet governmental regulations.
• Directs and trains workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
• Drives vehicle, operates flood lights, and places flares during power failure or emergency.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Technical knowledge of major and minor electrical materials and their uses. Troubleshooting techniques and components involved in entire system.
• wiring systems and how to perform all phases of project installation.
• electrical control work and how to troubleshoot.
• commercial electrical construction.
• tools, tool uses, and repair techniques.
• fire alarm codes and requirements to meet local standards.
• other trades to coordinate electrical installation.
• mathematics sufficient to be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers and fractions.
• national electrical code.
• building code.
• motor controls.
• Safety and OSHA standards.
• all Federal, State, and Local standards relating to safety.
• all MSDS right to know material.
• alternate methods of installation.
• troubleshooting problems with fire alarm and components.
• reading and writing.
• managing others so that the work assignment gets completed.
• prioritizing and reprioritizing to meet job needs.
• problem solving.
• organizing work to accomplish tasks.
• managing stress to carry out the work assignment.
• estimating resources needed to complete required tasks.
• reading and interpreting blueprints.
• time management.
• managing equipment.
• establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with supervisors, employees, and internal and external customers.
• using, repairing, and instructing others in safe use of tools.
• effective written and oral communication sufficient to be able to elicit and communicate information and achieve understanding.
• troubleshooting electrical systems while they are deenergized.
• being sensitive to customer urgency.
Typical construction work including climbing ladders, working in high places (such as scaffolding or ladders) climbing stairs, pulling wire, lifting (up to 50 lbs.), operating machinery (forklifts, cranes, backhoes, power tools, hand tools, benders, tuggers, hydraulic machinery), bending, stooping, kneeling, sitting, standing, grasping, driving, and typing.
Requires a Current Colorado JW Electrician license.
Medical/Dental/Vision Health Coverage
6 paid holidays Accrued paid time off
Company paid Life Insurance
Short/Long Term Disability
Supplemental Life Insurance
Medical and dependent care reimbursement
Our office is located at:
E Light Electric Services, Inc.
361 Inverness Drive South, Suite B
Englewood, Colorado 80112
E Light Electric is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Job ID: 239861603
E Light Electric Services
E Light is a provider of commercial, industrial and infrastructure services to a variety of end markets for the commercial, industrial, healthcare and renewable energy markets. From office buildings to solar farms, healthcare facilities to medium-voltage installations, our employees and design professionals are driven to excellence. E Light is a provider of commercial, industrial and infrastructure services to a variety of end markets for the commercial, industrial, healthcare and renewable energy markets. From office buildings to solar farms, healthcare facilities to medium-voltage installations, our employees and design professionals are driven to excellence.