Our client represents a platform of distinctive brands and products focusing on industrial electronic and electrical applications where durability, reliability and performance in a hostile environments is espionage. A focus on critical system applications in commercial marine vessels, mega yachts, DC control and standby power, railroad passenger cars, wireless networks, emergency vehicles, and public safety communications. They are dedicated to supplying high quality products to the markets they serve.
This is a direct placement postition. We are seeking an experienced Sr. Power Electrical Engineer. This position is located in Huntington Beach, Ca and we prefer a local candidate. This position is full-time with Benefits, paid vacation, paid holidays and 401k.
This position would be responsible for:
1. Provides engineering services for the design, test and evaluation f existing and new electrical power conversion systems equipment.
2. Generates engineering documents such as drawings, schematics, wiring diagrams, user manuals etc.
3. Works with quality assurance as required to provide as required providing failure analysis, root cause determination, and corrective actions for internal and external product non-conformance.
4. Works with the service department to troubleshoot problems on installed power conversion units.
Skill set required:
1. In-depth knowledge of AC to DC, DC to DC and DC to AC power conversion at power levels in the range of 5 to 500 kilowatts.
2. Topologies include: single and 3-phase, full-wave and 12 pulse rectifiers, buck, boost, buck-boost, fly back, resonate converters, and 3 phase inverters.
3. Ability to perform sustaining engineering on utility power converters and battery charging systems requiring working knowledge of: Transformer, inductors, Capacitors, current limiting Reactors, Transient Suppression Deices (MOVs), relays, shunts, thyristors/SCRs, diodes, Transistors including MOSFETs and IGBTs, Oscillaators, Microprocessors, logic circuits, interface and communication circuits PCBs, voltage and current meters, RFI/EMI suppression techniques using filters and phase fired controlled voltage regulation methods.
4. Ability to evaluate vendors including component specifications and supplier quality.
5. Proficiency in schematic capture and PCB express, AutoCad, or similar software.
6. Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
1. Expertise in EMbedded C programming language a plus
2. Experience with Altium tasking IDE a plus
3. Experience with Infineon chipset a plus
Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or Electronics Engineering
5 or more years
Job ID: 244136168