Principal Power Systems / Electrical Engineer
- Herzig Engineering
- Kansas City, Missouri
Principal Power Systems Engineer
Job Type: Full-Time Salary (On-Site)
Pay: Commensurate with experience
Herzig Engineering is one of the leading companies in our field. We have over 20 years of experience in the Electrical Engineering industry with a specialization in safety and risk mitigation. We are searching for a highly self-motivated Electrical Engineer to join our team. If you're excited to be part of a winning team with significant growth opportunity, Herzig Engineering is a great place to expand your career.
Working as a Herzig Engineering Electrical Engineer, you must have outstanding people and organizational skills, and a desire to work in a small business environment with a focus on safety, accuracy, and customer service.
We offer competitive salaries, group health insurance, vision, dental, and a 401(k) with match.
- Assist in aspects of engineering projects at Herzig engineering
- Input and analyze data into software to run power systems studies
- Maintain high standards for the technical details of projects
- Write engineering reports for power systems studies
- Perform various field tasks for engineering projects as needed
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have a minimum of a 4-year electrical engineering degree from an abet accredited university and 10 years of related work experience
- 10+ years experience in power system analysis, including coordination studies
- P.E. License in any state with ability/willingness to apply for reciprocity
- Demonstrate proficiency with the latest software and cloud-based solutions (SKM, EasyPower, etc)
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal skills
- Demonstrate the ability to enhance their skillset within a defined period of time
- Must have the ability to use technology provided by Herzig engineering to complete the job
- Must be able and willing to work independently with little to no guidance
- Must be of the highest integrity and represent Herzig engineering in a professional manner.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong work ethic; good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must be able to act independently with little or no supervision and work collaboratively on a team environment
- Ability to operate a standard personal computer as well as knowledge of and experience with standard office computer software.
- A customer focused mindset
- A desire to foster long term relationships with clients and coworkers
- The ability to rapidly learn highly technical information in a dynamic work environment
- A talent for explaining technical details in comprehensible terms
- Good technical report writing skills
Job ID: 362321476